Thursday, October 22, 2009

A thought

Whoever said it gets easier, is correct! Now nights are still a pain of a sort but it could be (and has been) worse! Maybe it is easier b/c I am so in love with these two little guys, maybe b/c I have adapted, or maybe, just maybe it is actually "easier".

Logan is such a terror. I can not get over it. Be pulls up on everything, he crawls like a bolt of lightening, and he is now trying to 'cruise' the furniture, anything he is standing up on. He gets into everything and anything he can. He gets to his destination, then is on to the next before you know it. Definitely an attention span of a fly! Today he actually let go and stood there balanced for a good 2 seconds. I was shocked. Then he caught himself before he lost complete balance. He does things and looks at you in amazement, almost saying "look at me, look at me"! He has this cute, devilish look in his eyes at times though. He is going to be something.

Braylon is all over the place as well, but he is real content. He goes after what he wants, he gets it, and is fine for awhile. It is the simplest things for Braylon. He likes to me comfortable. You can not push Bray. He takes his time, he evaluates every situation, then goes for it at his own pace. Today, I gave him yogurt and he couldn't eat it fast enough. Saying "Mmmmmm-mmmmm' while smacking those lips together. What a difference in boys!

Kiara is such a wonderful girl. She is such a big sister, always looking after the boys, making sure they are happy is her goal on a daily basis. They adore her as well. She never and still doesn't have any jealousy, like we kind of expected. She is way mature by her years for sure. Besides the normal 8 yr old girl drama and tribulations, she is such a great kid. She has such a big heart in her and it shows with these boys every day.

I can't believe we have made it this far..that goes for me, Phil, Kiara even, and the boys ;) Next week they will be 7 months...we are past the 1/2 way mark to 1 year! I am striving for that 1 yr mark b/c it will 'get easier' but at the same time, dreading to be out of the baby stage, naturally. I guess it is a mothers' instinct. To want that infant, that innocent being looking up at you, relying on you for every single need and want. I have to keep reminding myself to take it slow. This won' t last long. Though I love my breaks when they nap during the day (thank goodness we got this down pat) I am so happy to see them when they wake up. Those smiling faces, the excitement in their eyes to see me...makes it all worthwhile! I was so scared to take care of two babies...but I think I am on to something and doing something right b/c they let me know every day in their smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment